Hope you all have had a great start in 2013! The past few weeks have been extremely busy for me…and I love it. ;) Right before the year ended, I was introduced to the NYR (Neal’s Yard Remedies) award-winning Organic beauty product line. From shower gels to body lotions to make-up, they carry all the essentials for your skin and beauty regimen. There is even a men’s line. When I was first invited to sample some products, I was overwhelmed with choices. I finally opted to try out some of the make-up and skin line. I am always on the hunt for products made of organic and natural ingredients. I don’t want my skin to absorb toxic chemicals for the sake of anti-aging or beauty. I strongly believe that in the long run those types of products will do far more damage than good. So, when I learned that NYR products are made in an eco-factory in England and are Certified Organic, I was more than willing and excited to test them out and learn more. I’ve been using a few of the NYR make-up and skin products for about 3 weeks now and am happy to report that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them! I will break each one down for you below with my honest opinion. If you would like more info on the NYR beauty line and how you can even earn extra income selling these great products: CLICK HERE
I am also happy to offer you the chance to win any one of the products I review! Enter the super easy raffle, and if you are randomly selected as the winner, you choose the product and it will be shipped directly to you!
TO ENTER GIVEAWAY: CLICK HERE
Contest ends Saturday, Jan. 19th at midnight. Winner will be notified via email within 24 hours. All participants must be at least 18 years of age and residents of the United States. Good Luck!
1. Frankincense Hydrating Creme: I used this moisturizer every morning and night. It is rich with antioxidants and contains frankincense and myrrh which help reduce the appearance of fine lines and firms up the skin. I have to say, this stuff is great. No breakouts and I noticed my skin felt more plump after about 3 days of using it. I’m used to most cremes feeling light, so if I had a complaint it would be that it felt a little heavy, but I don’t. It actually made my skin feel great and a little bit goes a long way!
2. White Tea Enriching Facial Mask: For a good deep clean once a week, I applied this mask and left it on for 10 minutes. I then rinsed it off with warm water and applied my moisturizer. I immediately noticed my skin felt very smooth and moist. My experience with facial masks in the past have not been great as they usually make my skin feel dry afterwards. I was hesitant to try this one, but very glad I did. It contains antioxidant white tea , as well as kaolin for purifying.
3. Mineral Pressed Eye Shadow (in Wild Plum): I have tried several mineral eye shadows over the past few years…this is by far my favorite. It’s made with organic corn starch and oils and is talc free. This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. It is so easy to apply and best of all…it stays on!! I love the wild plum and there are several other natural, nice colors to choose from.
4. Mineral Eyeliner (in Midnight): I have to be honest, this was the only one of the products that disappointed me a little, but I still liked it very much. It’s made with 100% natural minerals and enriched with organic moisturizing oils and antioxidants. It is easy to apply and stays on longer than expected, I just didn’t like the color very much. It’s not as dark as I would have expected for a “midnight” eyeliner. However, I tired it out as a brow liner and it works perfectly!
5. Organic Facial Wipes: These pre-moistened organic cotton wipes are great. They are enriched with aloe vera and antioxidant white tea, smell nice, are suitable for all skin types. Best of all, they get your make-up off easily and leave your face feeling clean and refreshed! Didn’t dry it out either.
6. O.K., last but certainly not least, my favorite of the bunch…Luscious Lip Gloss (in Nude): I am absolutely in love with this lip gloss. It contains 92% organic ingredients and is enriched with antioxidant white tea, organic sweet orange oil and NYR’s essential fatty acid-rich Organic Beauty Oil. The color is so natural looking and pretty. I could wear it over my lipstick for some juicy shine or by itself for a pretty natural looking gloss. Love it! Several other shades available.